::WELCOME::



Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Eye

Hi all! I have recently edited a poem that I have posted here already, and it was titled "About Time." I have now changed the title to "The Eye," and am posting the new version here. Enjoy!

Sitting on the shore of a beach,
Angels’ eyes winking at me from a vast blue fabric,
I am thinking of different ways to phrase
the fact that remains the same:
I don't love you anymore.
Overwhelming tides of guilt
Rush the calm ocean of relief
As they burst through the dam that time built.
My internal storm is, indeed,
Belied by my stony façade.
After all, I have been the steady shore in this rocky bout
While your capricious airs
Were busy making waves.
Standing firm, I weathered the storms of
infidelity, betrayal, and manipulation
caused by your colliding cold and warm fronts.
And only a wish for a different setting causes
This seemingly sudden, yet steadfast erosion.
How do I explain to the love of my life so far
that just as he might be ready for love,
it is hiding from me?
But honesty has been my most sacred, most debated demand;
Do I not spew my own geyser of truth here?
Can I release the sediments of
time, passion, and hard work
to settle in new surroundings?

I guess so, because pouring from my still hesitant mouth,
begging for release,
are two words; the very ones dreaded for years.
Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment