::WELCOME::



Thursday, April 30, 2009

About Time

Sitting up late at night,
Thinking of different ways to phrase the fact that remains the same:
I don't love you anymore.
Feelings of profound relief are held at bay by the overwhelming sense of guilt.
After all, I have been the steady shore in this rocky bout,
When you were busy making waves.
Standing firm, I weathered the storms of
infidelity, betrayal, and manipulation
caused by you colliding cold and warm fronts.
Hard to believe that after all of that,
my steadfast erosion is due to the fact that I want something different.
How do I explain to the love of my life so far
that just as he might be ready for love,
it is hiding from me?
But honesty has been my most sacred and most debated demand,
so do I not deliver that here?
Can I turn away from the bank holding my time, energy, and dedication?
I guess so, because dripping from the tip of my tongue,
begging for release,
are two words; the very ones that I have dreaded for years.
Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment