::WELCOME::



Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Promises


Promises...


Heavy eyelids betray me

As I try to stay awake

and cling to your every word.

As you pontificate on the wonders of the world

-or so I imagine-

my mind wanders to more important topics, such as

how your lips would feel if they kept moving,

but on me instead.

Shaking off the haze around my brain that has been induced by my proximty to you,

my focus on your words sharpens,

and utterances of your goals, hopes, and dreams drift into my consciousness.

And I can't help but to hear the "we's" and "us's" that litter your speech.

My brain sends a sweet spasm down my spine as those words penetrate my mind;

act as an aphrodisiac to my senses.

As I come down from my high, I realize the necessity and expectation of reciprocation.

Mentally fresh, I share me life intentions with you as well.

The silence that results is out mental cigarette as we process and bask in the euphoria that comes from acknowledging a shared future.

No comments:

Post a Comment